- We store some visit information/log data for analytical/capacity planning purposes
- Some log data is shared with third parties (Logz.io) for analytical purposes
- Should any data be shared with further third parties we will update this policy mentioning so
- If you have any queries at all, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What information is covered by the Privacy Act 1988
- The Act covers personal information and sensitive information. Both of these are referred to as “information” throughout this document.
- Personal information is “information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.”
- Sensitive Information is information or an opinion that is personal information, and is about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences, or criminal record and any health information about an individual.
3. What Information will we collect?
- We only collect information that is necessary for us to carry out our functions or activities. This may include sensitive information.
- Our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”) created by your use of the Service. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited and device. Other actions, such as interactions with our website, applications and advertisements, may also be included in Log Data.
- This Log Data may be aggregated for analytical and capacity planning purposes.
- GeoJS does not currently use “cookie” technology, it is not included in our Log Data.
4. When do we disclose the information?
- We only disclose information where we need to in order to advance your interests, or when we are required by law to disclose it. Generally we will try to ensure that you are aware whenever information is being disclosed to a third party.
- Some visit data is shared with logging platform Logz.io for analytical purposes
- GeoJS reserves the right to cooperate with any legal process and any law enforcement or other government inquiry related to your use of the Service. We may provide information relevant to a court subpoena or to a law enforcement or other government investigation. You acknowledge and agree that we may collect, transmit, store, disclose and analyse such information for these purposes.
6. Can you access the information?
- You are entitled to ask what information we hold about you. We will, within a reasonable time, inform you of the personal information and/or sensitive information that we hold about you. You may then ask us to show you the information so that you can check to ensure that it is accurate, complete and up to date. We will give you access to the information for this purpose unless we are entitled to refuse access pursuant to NPP 6.1, in which case we must provide you with reasons for the refusal.
6. Changes to this Policy